Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Through the Eyes of a Toddler

We have been busy around here! I guess that's a good thing. I started working last week; I work from home so now we will have another consistent income. Halleluiah!

This weekend Nate and Gavin had brief play dates. We picked up a longtime friend of mine from the airport, spent some time with her and her two kids, ages three and 10 months, and then took them to Princeton. It was a no-nap day for Nater, yikes! While getting ready to leave Princeton and saying good-bye to my friend, I hear Nate screaming bloody murder from inside the van. Did I slam the door on him? I thought to myself...I've not heard him in such terror before. When I open the door I see the awful, scary sight! Nate is screaming crying and pointing to a "gug" (bug -- a mosquito) who is having his arm for dinner. Nater just lets him chow down while screaming scared and pointing at it! It was too funny. When I told him to "slap it!" he did and then he went from terror to laughing hysterically. Anything to amuse my little blessing. It's now a game of his to find a bug and, "slap it!".

I was a golf widow this weekend. John went on his annual golf retreat with a bunch of his friends; each year they go to Ruttger's in Brainerd. Lucky him! The boys and I went to church Sunday morning for nursery duty. It was a challenge to get them both ready and there on time, especially with little Nater whose new favorite game is Catch me if you Can! He likes to make things as difficult as possible when it's time to go anywhere. Not to mention Gavin's sporadic feeding schedule. What can I say, we're having a GREAT time! :-)

No comments: