Monday, June 05, 2006

Cute Nathan Stories

This morning we went to a new park that is a little further from our house (I am in desperate need of exercise). The park left much to be desired and the slide was too hot for Nater so he just hung out on the swing set. Gavin napped in the shade. Anyway, as I was pushing little Nater I made up this song that went something like this: “It’s a beautiful day; it’s a beautiful day,” and repeat. When Gavin woke and started fussing I walked over to check on him and picked him up all the while Nate’s swing was slowing down. When he came to a stop he yelled, no more like screamed, “MORE beautiful day! More beautiful day!” I thought that was cute.

We also went to the park that is near our home where they have little red cars, which Nater likes to call, “The Geedo’s cars.” Translation: Geedo’s = Wiggle’s. He loves ‘em. So now, we have a new thing at this park where Nate gets in the driver’s seat and says, “Mommy – carseat. Baby – carseat.” So Mommy and Gavin, in his infant carrier, climb in the backseat and off we go to Target. But not without the role reversal. Mommy quickly yells, “Snack please! SNACK!” This is how it goes when we go anywhere, so now it’s Mommy’s turn to be the demanding toddler. Nater is only so happy to oblige. He gets out of the car, runs to the “refrigerator” to get me a pretend snack. He climbs back into the car and then I yell, “DRINK! DRINK Please!” And so he climbs out once again and gets Mommy her drink and I yell, “RUN RUN, Hurry! I need a DRINK!” It’s so funny and it definitely tires out the little man as this goes on forever. I wonder what the people who live around that park are thinking! Haha

This picture is just one of my favorites taken last fall. Nothing to do with the post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lea! Just want to be your first responder! I really enjoy your blogs! It's almost as if I can hear you say each of the comments. You're taking some wonderful pix of the boys! Hope to see you soon!

Shannon

Lea Severson said...

Thanks Shannon! It's fun, though I've not really given it out to a lot of people -- more for my own enjoyment of gabbing and talking about my kids. It's kind of like scrapbooking. Only not. haha

Thanks for the comment! :-)