Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Budding Artist

Nathan and I have been drawing a lot lately as he has a new interest in creativity. He loves to watch Mommy draw and now he's finally trying to copy what he sees! It's so cute. This morning we were drawing Mr. Potato Head, a fairly simple endeavor. It was amazing to see how this little two-year-old interpreted the image and then tried to re-create:

Gavin sat close by and laughed at how easily amused Mommy is.

While Nathan still has his two-three-word moments, he is speaking in clear sentences now. Some of his latest words of wisdom:

  • "Nathan needs to do what Mommy says!" ~that's a good one!
  • "No, I'm not done; I'm eating pizza right now, Mommy."
  • "No ... I'm not a monkey; I'm Kekeen!" (He'll still occasionally call himself Kekeen, his pronunciation for Nathan, although he can easily say his own name - funny!) ~He said that one to John one evening as they were reading a book together.
  • "I want that for Christmas Mommy! I want that - yes, I want that please!"

No comments: