Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Catch me if you Can!

When I was a little girl we would occasionally visit Grandpa and Grandma at their farm in Menahga. They would have different animals on the farm - sheep, pigs, cows, chickens, it would vary. One thing we could always count on running around the farm yard were the cats. Every spring, the cat would have kittens and hide them in various places, one being a hole underneath the outdoor sauna building. My sister and I would try every trick to coax the kittens out so we could play with them. It wasn't so hard to coax them out, but what was hard was actually trying to catch them! We would be so very close to them and even touch them but as fast as they were, they would quickly wiggle out of our grasp and run back under the sauna to safety. I remember that feeling - a feeling of EXCITEMENT because I so badly wanted to play with the little kitten and also the feeling of FRUSTRATION because I would come so close but couldn't quite catch that cute little critter. Today, I had that same feeling while trying to catch my little toddler who was darting this way and that, just barely out of arms reach.
How did he get to be so FAST?!

No comments: