Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why I Blog(ged)

I just spent two hours going as far back as 2006 reading things I wrote about the boys and seeing pictures of their years of being little. Melted my heart. I haven’t been to this site in a year. It makes me wish I would have posted more in later years about the funny things they say and the things we learn as we go through our seemingly mundane days of life. Since Facebook came along, I abandoned the blog in favor of reading the news feeds about the exciting lives of friends from all different walks of life. But this blog was always so helpful to go back to when it came time to scrapbook and record fun things about the kiddos. Now I can even update it using a program on my laptop, which makes it so easy; I don’t even have to go to the Web site to update. I’ve likely long since lost any of the few followers I had and friends and family likely abandoned this site, but I might start journaling again for my own enjoyment of going back to the site and reading about the kids.

This is what Gavin’s hair looks like in the mornings:

IMG_9119

2 comments:

John Severson said...

Welcome back. I will always be checking it out!

Lea Severson said...

It was so fun to look back at this. :) An online scrapbook. I particularly enjoyed seeing the pictures of you in your natural habitat - the ZOO!